Maps & Map Updates | Garmin | United States
Call Garmin Support
Garmin is an American tech giant which offers so many different services to people, and Garmin Maps are one of them. After buying a Garmin device, you will be capable of accessing all the services provided by the organization. Garmin Nuvi or connect Map is the official name provided by the organization to their apps. You need to keep your Garmin applications updated to access their latest functionalities. There is much confusion among users for updating the Garmin application. In order to give an end to this confusion we are here with the full guide of steps to update the Garmin applications.
We are going to show you how to update the Garmin GPS, or your Garmin not TomTom or anything else has to be Garmin and Garmin and you update your maps for completely free. We know Garmin does not, they charge about 100 bucks for their updates and the way we are going to show you its completely free and you want to keep your maps updated because if you don’t, sometimes, you know you won’t get the fastest route, or if you’re searching for somewhere to eat. You know it won’t be where it says it is so you want to make sure you’re staying updated. So first of all, you need to learn, know how to update Garmin GPS.
How to download Applications or apps from Garmin Express?
Before moving to the updation process lets discuss how to update download Maps with the help of Garmin Express. The following is the step by step guide to do the same:
- Go to the official Garmin Express download source and download the compatible version of the application for your device.
- Now open the Garmin Update Express application on your PC or computer system.
- Configure it by adding a GPS device from the home screen of the application.
- After you are done with the connectivity of both the devices, then go to the setup process to configure Map.
- You can register to your Garmin device or account with the help of your email account.
- Once you are done with the whole process, then you will be able to buy an application from the Dashboard which you want to use.
After downloading the applications, you need to keep an eye on the regular updates of the applications. So let us jump to the next section to check how to download updates of Garmin applications.
How to check Map updates for already added GPS devices?
Click on the GPS device box present at the home screen or Dashboard of the Garmin Express application, and you will get all the information about the available updates for the specific device.
How to download GPS updates with the help of my Garmin account?
Check out the following steps to download the updates of the Garmin Maps:
- Go to the mygarmin.com and create an account if you are new or login to your account if you already have an account.
- After login to my Garmin on the device, you will see all the devices you attached with the account.
- At the home screen, click on the “Order Now” option and find “Get Free Update.”
- Further click on the “Download” option under the “Get Free Updates” and click on the “Next” button.
- Enter the product key and then click on the continue button.
- At the end, after providing the entire information, click on the “Download” option, and then save the file in your PC or desktop.
Always remember the location where you saved the downloaded files. With the help of the above guide, you can easily update Garmin updates. In case you need any kind of help, then contact us anytime.